present perfect tense with examples
What is Present Perfect Tense?
When anything is completed is called perfect. Present perfect tense is a verb tense that is used to show that the action has taken placed or it has completed.
- Reena has bought the purse.
- Mom has cooked the food.
- I have completed my work.
As you know every tense has four categories to formation a sentence. So, let’s look over its categories:
We are using has and have as a helping verb in present perfect tenses. Has used for singular Noun and Have use for plural Noun.
- Rule for Affirmative or simple Sentences.
Subject + has/have + 3rd form of verb (past participle) + object.
- I have watched the T.V.
- He has been Shimla many times.
- She has submitted her report.
- Rule for Negative Sentences
Subject + has/have + not + 3rd form of verb + object.
- They have not bought a new car.
- She has not completed her work.
- Sachin has not eaten his food.
- Rule for Interrogative Sentences
Has/have + Subject + 3rd form of verb + object?
- Has he bought a new car?
- Has she completed her work?
- Has Sachin eaten his food?
- Rule for Interrogative + negative Sentences
Has/have + Subject + not + 3rd form of verb + object.
- Has the peon not rung the bell?
- Has she not submitted her report?
- Has she not played the match?
- Rule for W/H family
W/H word + has/have + Subject + 3rd form of verb + object?
- When have I bought this car?
- From where have you bought this dress?
- When have you completed your work?
Let’s move towards our worksheet:
Fill in the blanks with correct form of present perfect verb.
- She–––––– just –––––– a portrait. (Paint)
- My friend –––––– the birthday. (celebrate)
- Tony–––––– nothing. (Do)
- The children –––––– their breakfast. (finish)
- The teacher –––––– the class. (teach)
- Choose the correct options.
- I has/have already finished my work.
- The gardener has/have not watered the plants.
- has/have you ever been Singapore?
- She has/have not met her friends today.
I hope you have understood the present perfect tense with examples.
Share your answers on the comment box.